1) After the Board of Directors of Sharp Corporation passes a resolution and the respective Sharp Group companies perform the necessary procedures, The Sharp Code of Conduct will apply to each company. In addition, an Executive Officer in Charge will be appointed in Sharp Corporation. Sharp Group companies will create a system to monitor operation conditions, and will work to become more established and drive continuous improvement.
2) To conform with the laws, regulations, and customs of a country or region in which a Sharp Group company is located, it may make changes to The Sharp Code of Conduct to the extent that they are not contrary to the underlying purpose and intent thereof subject to a resolution by the Board of Directors of each company. Notifications must be made to the "Contact" mentioned in IX-2 below prior to any of such changes.
3) The Sharp Code of Conduct will be reviewed and revised as necessary, and in such case, each Sharp Group company will keep all of their directors, officers and employees notified of any revisions.
4) Each Sharp Group company will create an environment where all of their directors, officers and employees always have quick and easy access to the contents of The Sharp Code of Conduct, such as by posting it on their intranet and the like, and will work to keep all of them informed about and to promote adherence to the contents of the Code.
5) Each Sharp Group company will continuously take measures, including training programs, to familiarize their directors, officers and employees with The Sharp Code of Conduct.
6) In relation to The Sharp Code of Conduct each Sharp Group company will establish its own system to enable employees to report business activities or business conduct in violation of laws and regulations, or to allow employees to ask questions or request a consultation to enable the employee to judge what action should be taken. In Japan, the "Crystal Hotline" (or the "Competition Law Hotline" for issues concerning competition laws) set up inside and outside the company is always available to accept questions and reports.
・ An appropriate response to reports received and to requested consultations will be made, and in the event it is clear that a violation has occurred, remedial measures will be taken.
・ Persons making a report or engaging in consultation will never be subject to unfavorable treatment as a consequence of having made a report or requested a consultation under the operation guidelines for each hotline.
7) Directors, officers and employees who violate The Sharp Code of Conduct will be subject to strict measures including disciplinary actions under the relevant laws and regulations and the relevant provisions of the work rules and other internal company rules of each Sharp Group company.
8) We will endeavor to request our business partners, who are under our influence, to agree to and practice the Sharp Code of Conduct.
9) The Sharp Code of Conduct will be revised as appropriate to reflect any changes of laws and regulations, and international rules. Sharp will review related internal company rules in accordance with any revised version of the Sharp Code of Conduct.
・ Questions and comments on The Sharp Code of Conduct may be raised and referred to the Department in charge of CSR, or to the Department in charge of General Affairs of Sharp Corporation.